Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1910, Meet 2011. 2011, Meet 1910.

Is there anything sweeter than using modern technology to search, purchase, and display some glorious 100-year-old tobacco cards?  Me thinks not.

Above are 1910 Murad T51s of Cedarville, Vermont, Holy Cross, Washington & Lee, and the College of the City of New York.  Here are the backs.






Only one has the packer stamp, but all are in amazing shape considering their age and I was able to get them for a very reasonable price.  Thanks technology!

2 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

So lovely. Someday in the distant future I'm gonna collect this baby too. I'm particularly fond of the Holy Cross one - Holy Cross is about 20-25 minutes from my childhood home and is probably the nearest Division 1 college to my home. Needless to say I saw a lot of basketball games there, played at several lacrosse camps there, and even graduated there as my high school holds their graduation in the Holy Cross gym.

Napkin Doon said...

Very nice. You are going to have (and already do) a very special collection when you are done with this.