Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fave Five: 2012 Collecting Goals

Sure, it's a touch early to be making plans for next year, but I thought I'd get a head start on setting my 2012 collecting goals.

Obviously I'm going to keep picking up Hochevars, Fowlers, and Stocktons whenever possible and I'm going to try to get organized by getting my cards filed away in their library card file home.  But I need specific collecting goals to keep me motivated over the next year.

The nice thing is, unlike most of my new year resolutions (i.e. lose weight, read more than 2 books in a year, stop killing hobos, etc.), I really want these goals to come true and I will have fun accomplishing them.


So, here are my Fave Five 2012 Collecting Goals

FIVE:   Vintage Cards
 I want to get my 1910 Murad T51 and 1948-49 Leaf (baseball) sets to at least 50% completion by the end of next year.



FOUR:  Mustache Portrait Collection 
Yikes, that's some bad scanning
I want to build a mustache portrait collection that is at least 100-cards strong by the start of next MOvember.



THREE:  Manupatch Collections 
 I want to complete both my letter and logo manupatch collections.  The MLB logo collection is 66% complete and the letters collection is just under 50% complete.



TWO:  Denver Broncos Super Bowl Rookies
Obviously this isn't a rookie card, but it's the only Broncos card I had scanned at the moment.
A rookie card of every player on the Denver Bronco's 1997 Super Bowl winning team.  When a rookie can't be found, I will make due with any card that can be found.  HERE is the 1998 roster.  Key players include Elway, Davis, McCaffrey, Sharp, Romanowski, Atwater, and Elam.




ONE:  Eck Trifecta

A rookie, a relic, and an autograph of the greatest mustache/mullet combo in history, Dennis Eckersley.  I also wouldn't mind getting my Eck collection above 100 cards.

There you have it.  Even if I don't reach these goals, even attempting them is going to make 2012 a great year of collecting in the Manupatches and Mustaches house.

3 comments:

hiflew said...

Nice attainable goals Eric. I think #5 will probably be your toughest, although the Elway rookie probably won't be cheap either.

I plan on setting a few goals myself in the next few days.

Dhoff said...

Good goals. I look forward to seeing the Leaf set emerge.

flywheels said...

Setting goals always seems to help keep me focused. Good luck obtaining your goals in 2012!