Friday, May 11, 2012

Joining the Dark Side

I've never quite understood the point of getting modern cards slabbed.  I completely understand slabbing and authenticating vintage cards, but is there really any point in authenticating a card that was released five years ago?  But, if I need a card, the fact that it's slabbed isn't going to stop me from owning it.

Which was the case with this 2006 Bowman Sterling Luke Hochevar Black Refractor, which is numbered 7/25. 


It goes great with my regular refractor card, which is numbered 15/199.


It's always nice checking off a card from my ever-shrinking Hochevar want list, even if it means adding another graded card to my collection.


2 comments:

topher (Crackin Wax/Varsity Trading Cards) said...

I got my '86 Jerry Rice rookie card slabbed and tabbed just for the heck of it. It got a 4.5. Boooo...

Fuji said...

Nice card. I'm with you... I don't mind picking up vintage graded cards, but the newer stuff isn't for me (unless I really need the card).

But what I find more ridiculous than grading newer cards is people who pay extra money to have Beckett grade an autograph.