Monday, June 25, 2012

Shutout

Tonight, in an 8-0 victory against the Rays, Luke Hochevar pitched his fourth career complete game and second career shutoutIn the game, Luke threw 113 pitches, 73 for strikes. He allowed seven hits and one walk with eight strikeouts.  In his previous start, last Tuesday night at Houston, Hochevar shut out the Astros for 7 2/3 innings in a 2-0 victory. That ended a six-start winless stretch for him.

It's one of those times where I wish I was still living in the mid-west so I could have been at the game to witness his mastery first hand.

It's also fitting that today, my 13th black parallel from the 2012 Topps Series 1arrived in the mail.



While Hoch continues to seek wins for the up-start Royals, I will continue to root him on in our hometown and seek out the rest of the 61 cards needed to complete this "set".

No comments: