Monday, June 18, 2012

What's a cheap (under $5), cool card you feel every collector should add to their collection?

The latest question from Fuji's summer-long contest was a no-brainer for me.  "What's a cheap (under $5), cool card you feel every collector should add to their collection?"


In my book, you can't go wrong with any card from the 1910 Murad Collegiate T51 set.  There are countless reasons that every collector should own at least one.  Let me count the ways:


 
  • These tobacco-era vintage cards are over 100-years-old, and who doesn't want 100-year-old cardboard in their collection? 
  • At 150-cards, this set probably has a card for your favorite college. 
  • These cards are tiny pieces of art with vivid colors, intricate details, and interesting scenes of college activities. 
  • And, most importantly for this post, most of these cards can be found for under $5.


So, if you're looking for some reasonably priced tobacco-era vintage cardboard, in my book, you can't go wrong with a Murad T51.  And be sure to send me your doubles.


3 comments:

Hackenbush said...

Can't argue with the Murads but if not those I'd recommend any late 19th early 20th century tobacco card that you like. So many to choose from.

Jeremy said...

I really like the Murads too. I've had my eye on the OU one for a while now, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Fuji said...

Love this set... my Stanford card will be in my collection for as long as I collect cards.