Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trade Report: A Manupatch from Crinkly Wrappers

A while back I saw a KC Royals logo manupatch in the trade bait at the Crinkly Wrappers blog that I had to have.  I offered up as many Blue Jays cards as I could round up in exchange for the card and soon enough, it was sitting on my scanner.

One of the best aspects of this card would be the fact that I attended a Royals game on July 4, 2009 with my sister Dana.  I know it's not a game-used logo from DeJesus' hat from that game, but I like knowing I was at the game that inspired this card.  I also believe that this card is much better looking with the Stars&Stripes logo than a white KC on a blue background would have been.

This Royals manupatch card is the second card in my MLB Manupatch Logo collection (I received two more in the mail yesterday which I'll be showing off in the near future).

The manupatch card arrived at my house with some friends, including some Royals.


And some Rockies.


The surprise of the package had to be the boat load of 1990-91 Skybox cards, which will help plug some holes in my 1990-91 Skybox Basketball collection (Only 8 cards needed to complete the set!) and my Mustache Set (I can always use more mustache cards!)

Thanks again to MoreMonkeys138 -- if that is your real name -- for the trade.  My many personal collections thank you as well.

1 comment:

A2 Wolverine said...

That is one bad ass looking manu card. I'm loving the stars and stripes!