Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Little Tobacco in My Mustache

As promised, I'm here to give a MOvember update and show off some of my "Portraits of Guys with Mustaches on Cards" Set that I built sporadically over the past year.

Coincidentally, this week also marks my two-month anniversary of being tobacco-free (although, thanks to daily fistfuls of nicotine gum, I'm not yet nicotine-free).  After a dozen years of using chewing tobacco, my wife finally persuaded me to give up the habit in exchange for a new golf cart. 






I've already put thousands of yards of golf on these wheels so it's definitely been a great trade in my book.

So, to tie it all together, mustache cart - tobacco = tobacco-era cards featuring guys with mustaches.



Dr. Livingstone, I presume?



And, by scanning these gorgeous cards, the tobacco card itch may be the one that needs scratching to get me back in the game.  Maybe I was being a bit hasty in my wanting to sell off the Murads.  Guess I need to think it over a little more before I pull that trigger.

And, what I'm sure you've all be waiting for, the unveiling of my week-old mustache.


Isn't it fabulous? 

*crickets*

My MOvember team, Team Lame-MO, has grown to a robust 14 participants and has raised a team-record $660 so far this month.  Our goal is to raise $1000 for prostate and testicular cancer research, and I'm very proud of how we are progressing.  If you would like to donate to this very worthwhile cause, please go HERE.

2 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Love the stache on the cart and the cards! And congrats on kicking the habit!

Fuji said...

Zakwin took the words right off of my keyboard. Congratulations.