Thursday, April 7, 2011

Master's Weekend

UPDATE:   The venerable Joe

**********************

I'm a huge fan of golf, but not much of a golf fan.  (I'll give you a second to wrap your brain around that concept.)

What I mean by that is I spend most of my spare time thinking about golf, thinking about where and when I'm going to play my next round of golf, reading through golf magazines for tips on how to improve my golf score, searching through golf websites, swinging my golf clubs in the backyard, and figuring out how I'm going to convince my wife that I must reshaft my clubs this season or else I'll die.  So, I'm a huge fan of golf.

But  I don't follow the PGA standings, I can't tell you who won any of last years majors, I can't tell you who is and who isn't in the top-10 in the world rankings, and I have no idea which course is hosting this year's US Open.  I'm not a golf fan.

However, I do enjoy watching the major tournaments.  Today kicks off the first of four majors: The Master's Tournament (but don't ask me which Major is next, I'll have not idea).

In honor of today's big tourney, I thought I'd show off some golf cards I picked up off eBay a few weeks ago.  I got these three on the cheep, but I'm going to hold off buying any more golf-related cards until I can pick up a hobby box of some early 2000s UD golf cards.  And, as usual, if anyone has any golf cards they'd like to trade to me, let me know.

No comments: