Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Playmakers

Last week I showed off some of my early John Stockton inserts, one of which was from the 1992-93 Fleer Ultra Playmaker set. 


I mentioned that I might try to collect all the Playmaker cards since there were only 10 of them in the set.  There was a BIN auction of the set on eBay, so I made an offer.  $2.00 (+shipping) and a few days later, this set was sitting in my mailbox.


This set features the best point guards "Playmakers" of the early 1990s.  With the exception of Kenny Anderson, the photographs were well selected and show off the dribbling, passing, and offense-running skills of these great guards.

The photography on the back of the cards compliments the "Playmaker" moniker well.

It's a visually appealing, small, and cheap (i.e. Jordan not included) set of some of my favorite years of NBA basketball. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any other insert sets like this one in the future.

No comments: