Monday, April 30, 2012

Without Further Delay (and With Some Explaination)

I should announce how much I spent on my Eckersley card. 

First, the guesses.

Greg Zakwin said...10 cents

Nick said...25 cents.

jaybarkerfan said....05 cents

The Diamond King said...1 penny! That's my price is right bid!

  eltoro2012 said...15 cents

and Robert said...30 cents

First of all, thanks for all who took the time to guess.  Second of all, apparently none of you have ever shopped for baseball cards at a hotel-lobby card show in Colorado because if you had, you'd know that there is no such thing as a nickle-, dime-, and/or quarter-box.  In fact, it was a pain in the butt for me to even find a baseball card that was in my budget and that was interesting to me.  All around me were MAJOORZ MOJOZ HITZ!!! from recent football, basketball, and baseball releases, which everyone knows is not my niche in the card market.

So, with that as a way of background, the grand total paid for the Dennis Eckersley cards was....  THREE DOLLARS!!!!!

I know, right?  Crazy sauce.  And, yes, I knew I was over paying for it.  But here was my rational.  I'd already driven the 60+ miles to the show and, up until that point, I'd found nothing to buy.  Second, even if I did find the card under 50 cents online, the shipping costs would probably bring the total up to $3.00 I was paying the guy.

So, there you have it.  With a guess that was ten-times too low, Robert is our big winner.  I shall be sending you a plethora of cards that will fit into your collection this week, sir. 

And be sure to stay tuned for future editions of "Guess How Much I Overpaid for this Card." 

(Actually, that might be a really great feature.  I'd better trademark that shizz).


2 comments:

Wes Moore the former JBF said...

Thats banana's

Robert said...

I was going to bid a quarter like Nick did, but then I figured I would be original...

Thank you for the contest, I look forward to my bounty!