Thursday, June 28, 2012

Yard Sale "Junk"

My in-laws love yard saleing (as do I, but I've yet to find anything blog-worthy at a yard sale in my small town) and since they know I love cards, they always keep their eyes peeled for something to add to my collection.

About a week ago, they stumbled into four big boxes of cards and snapped them up for me.  I finally got around to sorting them out (of course I did a cursory flip through the boxes the moment my wife brought them into the house) and I was quite pleased with their purchase.


Of course the boxes were filled to the brim with "junk wax" era cards, but I am pumped to add them to my library card file cabinet.  The tall piles are made up of your usual late-80s and early-90s Upper Deck, Topps, Leaf, Pinnacle, and Donruss.  And everyone knows what that means:  MUSTACHES!!!


The above beauties will be immediately filed in my 2012 Mustache Portraits Set drawer.  And I am certain that the four boxes of yard sale "junk" will give me the last three mustache cards I need to complete the 2011 Mustach Franken-Set.

I can't wait to dig deeper into each pile of cards and I definitely can't wait for my in-laws to stumble into more cards for me.  Thanks for the cards Sandy and Richard!

No comments: