Thursday, June 14, 2012

You're a Grand Old Flag


Another bit of cardboard coincidence occurred today as I received the above piece of felt in the mail today.  Imagine that, receiving a flag on Flag Day.

I picked up some Murads from a seller I frequent often, and because they have great combined shipping rates, I decided to look through the rest of their inventory, where I found the above beauty.  Since this "card" is actually felt, there is no identifying information on it about the year.  However, with a little bit of sleuthing, I discovered that the 48-star flag was used from 1912-1959, so this felt was probably made during that time.

I don't know about you, but I'll be celebrating Old Glory Day glued to the television watching the greatest test in all of golf, the US Open.

P.S.  I watched my first perfect game live last night.  Congrats to Matt Cain.  As nervous as I was for him, I can't imagine what was going through his mind, or, worse yet, his wife's mind, as he worked through the last innings.

2 comments:

BA Benny said...

That may be one of the coolest American Flag cards I have ever seen. Great score!

Eric L said...

I forgot to mention it, but the ONLY problem with the "card" is that it is 4 1/2" by 6", which means I have no idea how to store it and keep it protected for another 100 years.