Friday, January 20, 2012

Red Graded Graph

(Sung to the tune "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith)

Now red graded graph is not cheap or disposible,
In 100million years they are decomposable,
And unlike my home, they are not foreclosable,
FreddieMac kiss my ass!


Red graded graph,
I paid less than half,
Let's have a party!  
Let's have a party!


Now I really love how you're easy to stack,
But I really wish you were easier to crack,
Cause the file drawer won't close all the way back
Cause your case is too wide.


But I must admit, the ladies get smitten,
Admiring how nicely the red autograph is written
With Sharpie, so to the eBay I get hitting,
Hoping to bid lucky.


Red graded graph,
I paid less than half,
Let's have a party!  
Let's have a party!
LET'S HAVE A PARTY!



Apologies to Toby Keith for butchering his song, but the wife got it stuck in my head and I thought it fit perfectly with the first graded card of my collection.

It's a 2004 Upper Deck USA Baseball Luke Hochevar Autograph/Jersey card that is numbered 25/50.



As my version of the song alludes, graded cards don't fit into my library card file.  So, the card must be released from the case.  Anyone have any tips on how to do so without destroying the card?

But, I do have to admit that it looks great with the rest of my 2004 USA Baseball Hochevars.


 Oh, and happy 1st birthday to my blog.  This is my 332nd post over the past year, which equates to nearly a post a day, which isn't too shabby considering I purchase and have relatively few cards compared to my friends in the cardosphere.

4 comments:

Robert said...

Congrats on the 1 yr anniversary!

Greg Zakwin said...

Happy 1st and nice pickup!

moremonkeys138 said...

I've opened up a few graded cards before. Best thing I did was get a razor into the seam of the top and bottom casing and kind of twist. Its not too easy and I really don't recommend doing it but I don't do graded cards and when graded cards don't fit with their ungraded brothers. Can't have that.

If you do do it though, just be extremely careful not to damage the card or more importantly yourself (if using the razor method).

Oh yeah, happy one year!

Fuji said...

Happy Anniversary!