Friday, March 30, 2012

2012 Topps Hochevar Rainbow: Black Gold Rush

This week I was able to add one new 2012 Topps Series 1 parallel to my Hochevar rainbow, as well as one more Black Bordered parallel to my set.

First, the black bordered card, which is serial numbered 15/61 and is my tenth card of the 61-card print run.




I also stumbled into a "Gold Rush" embossed version of the base card.  I think the Gold Rush label works very well with the photograph and is a nice touch.  I've seen others that did not turn out so great.


I now have eight unique cards in the rainbow, including one 1/1 card, but still no printing plate.  Also, I had to let the 1/1 wood card get away when it sold for $80, which was about twice the price I could reasonably pay.  So if anyone has any leads on one (or all) of the printing plates, let me know because I won't be able to put this rainbow to bed until I have one (or all of them). 

No comments: