Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TMV's TitleTown Poll

Too Many Verlanders' Dennis wants to know:

 How successful have your hometown/favorite teams been in your lifetime?


Since I didn't know the answer to that question off the top of my head, I thought I'd do some research and publish the results.  I'll obviously be using Denver, CO, based sports franchises as my "hometown" teams.

DENVER BRONCOS 
 Established 1960


SuperBowl Championships: 2
Conference Championships: 6


DENVER NUGGETS 
 Founded in 1967


League Titles: 0
Conference Titles: 1
1976 (ABA)


COLORADO AVALANCHE 
Founded in 1972; been in Colorado since 1995


Stanley Cup Titles: 2
Conference Championships: 2


COLORADO ROCKIES 
 Established 1993


World Series Titles: 0
NL Pennants : 1
2007


Looks like we (and, no, not the proverbial "we", I literally mean we because I am ALWAYS on the team) have played in ten league championships and won four of them over the combined 130+ years the teams have called the Mile High City home.  The best part for me is the fact that all of the titles have come in the prime of my sports fandom.

So, how about your teams? 

2 comments:

Dennis said...

This is why I was hoping to see others do this, very interesting to see how things shake out. You've got a few teams there that really haven't been around as long as all of mine but have still enjoyed some success. And at least you've seen a Super Bowl winner...

(...Joe) said...

I'm a Mets fan and I was born in 1987!

...

I don't wanna play this game anymore.