Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trade Report: Condition (Not) Poor

When slangon of the blog Condition: Poor contacted me about working out a trade, I hoped I'd have something that he'd find valuable enough to persuade him to send what he was proposing.  Turns out I did. 

Yet something tells me that "Condition: Poor" is a gimmick, a hook, a rouse, a smoke-screen, etc., because as it turns out, none of the cards he sent were in poor condition at all.  In fact, they were in fantastic condition.  Here, see for yourself.

The meat-and-potatoes of the trade for me were these two manupatches.  While they don't fit into any of my current collections, there is no way I'm turning away manupatches of  Roger Maris and Frank Thomas. 


And I don't think I could consider myself a manupatch collector without at least one commemorative patch of the All-Star Game and the World Series in my collection.

The icing on the cake came in the form of some additions to three of my major player collections and a couple of cool Royals cards that I don't believe I had yet.


Thanks again for the trade slangon!  I look forward to our next meeting.

1 comment:

Donna Harvey said...

Great readiing your post