I'm sure that most players would not put as much thought into their selection as I
Today, I compiled a list of songs that have much potential as entrance music.
NOTE: I will assume that I am a high-quality relief pitcher for this exercise, as everyone knows that relief pitchers have the best opportunity to show off their musical tastes. The game is at its highest level of excitement. The pomp and circumstance of the manager going to the mound and signaling out to the bullpen. The long walk out to the mound. And the music that is accompanying the relief pitcher, when carefully considered, can strike fear into an opponent.
The perfect example would have to be Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn of the Cleveland Indians.
So, with "Wild Thing" as my muse, the following songs are all strong contenders (in no particular order and assuming that the radio-edit versions of some of these songs would be used).
- Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
- Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine
- Right Now - Van Halen
- Slow Ride - Foghat
- Watch This - Slash (featuring Dave Grohl and Duff McKagan)
- Long Hard Times to Come (theme from "Justified") - Gangstagrass
- I Stand Alone - Jackyl
- My Hero - Foo Fighters
- Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
- Anyone Seen the Bridge - Dave Matthews Band
- Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
- Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'N Roses
- Tom Sawyer - Rush
- Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
- Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
- Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
Seriously, I pity the batter who decides to crowd the plate against me with this song flowing through my veins.
Anyway, enough about me, what would be your song of choice?