Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trip to my Local Card Shop

I made a trip to my LCS this weekend so I could pick up a few cards to use as trade bait.  The shop, Sportscenter Cards and Collectables, is a small shop in the front of a bowling alley.  The owner is a nice guy, but if there are more than 3 customers in the shop at once, it is very difficult (and uncomfortable for me) to browse around.  I usually try to get in there at an odd time of day so that I can search in peace.

I was greeted with a full shop when I went, so I quickly checked the GU/Auto box for anything useful and then scanned the pack shelf.  There wasn't a ton of product, so I decided to try something I'd never ripped before, 2010 Topps Pro Debut.  I grabbed three packs and here are the results:

  
I wasn't overly impressed with the product since I'm not much of a prospector, but there was one feature that I thoroughly enjoyed:  the team names.  

This is a minor league product and everyone knows that Minor League teams have the greatest team names of all.  Here are some of the gems that were in the packs I opened:
  • Missoula Osprey
  • Clinon Lumber Kings
  • Auburn Doubledays
  • Savannah Sand Gnats
  • Lowell Spinners
  • Jamestown Jammers
  • Great Lakes Loons
And my favorite of the group has to be the Montgomery Biscuits.  Love that name.

Any and all of these cards are available for trade.  If interested, email or comment away.

3 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

I'd love to trade for the Sands.

Eric L said...

Sounds good, I just sent you an email about it.

hiflew said...

Those are some cool team names, but none of them to my favorite minor league team.

The Rockies Pioneer League team

The Casper Ghosts

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t539