Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Trade with BA Benny

When I posted pictures of some cards I wanted to trade away, Mike from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet contacted me and kick-started a trade.  He said he liked one of my autos and asked me if I'd want one of his game-used cards.  I said absolutely.  I told him I'd also be throwing in some other cards that I thought he might enjoy when I sent the autograph to him and he said he'd do the same.

Today I received a collectors best friend, a bubble-mailer choke-full of cards.  First up is the card that initiated the trade in the first place, a 2002 Topps T206 Todd Helton Game-Worn Jersey card.



I love this card, with its purple swatch and its simple robin's egg blue boarder.  I'm a fan of the 2010 T206 cards and after receiving this card, I may have to chase after the 2002 set sometime in the future.  A great looking card and a VERY nice addition to my personal collection.  Had this card been the only one I received, I would have considered this trade more than worth my time, but of course Mike sent along some extras that I enjoy very much.

He sent along some Rockies cards, although the Francis will actually be going in my Royals folder now that he is one of the newest additions to the Royals pitching staff (which I am super pumped about.  I love the guy).





Also included in my package were three kick-ass 1985 Royals sticker cards.




And, finally, the icing on the cake for my first trade as the proprietor of M-P&C.S., two pages worth of Royals.



If you have never had the pleasure of trading with Mike, I highly recommend you do so.  He is generous and fair with his trades and I know I'll be trading with him again as soon as I can track down some fresh NY-related cards.  Thanks again Mike and don't forget to color in Nebraska on your Trade Map.

1 comment:

BA Benny said...

Glad you liked them. I will get Nebraska on that map and we'll be trading again I am sure.