Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting out to the Ballpark

My wife and I are headed out to take in our first Omaha Royals Storm Chasers game at  Werner Park.  Werner Park is one of the two new baseball stadiums opening this year in Omaha, the other being TD Ameritrade Park which will be home to the Creighton BlueJays and the College World Series.

I thought I'd get myself in the minor league baseball mood by showing off some of the Omaha Royals cards I have.

I bought this signed Luke Hochevar card at my LCS last year.

And no, there is nothing wrong with my scanner, the photo used on the card is actually that fuzzy.

I also picked up this Omaha Royals team set when I attended my first Omaha Royals game.  The first card in the set is Luke, so I couldn't pass it up.


And the rest of the team.




And the set also included the always popular Team Mascot card.

I was kinda bummed that Herman the Nut didn't get any stats on the back of the card because he was my favorite.  I even had my picture taken with Herman and my friend Ron at a Thirsty Thursday (aka $1 Beer Night) game in 2009.  

Herman is the one in the middle.

1 comment:

Napkin Doon said...

Have fun and post pics! I heard Homer got called up, but haven't seen confirmation.