Monday, April 4, 2011

Royals Prospects

I was recently digging through binders for empty pages, I stumbled upon some Royals prospects autographed cards that I'd forgotten that I had.

I got these cards from a group break that Dennis of Too Many Grandersons held a few months back before I was writing this blog (which explains why I never scanned them and why I forgot that I had them in the first place).

The first one is a Mike Montgomery 2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition rookie card (#'d 463/922). 

I believe I read recently that Mike will be pitching in Omaha to start the season and may get a call up to Kansas City later in the year.  Hopefully I'll be able to see him pitch during the handful of Omaha games I hope to get to this season.

I also found these three 2010 Donruss Elite Extra Edition autograph cards to add to my Royals prospect pitchers collection.

I don't know much about these guys, but hopefully they'll turn out to be stars.

Who says you have to bust packs to find autograph cards?  Turns out you just have to have a lousy memory like me.

2 comments:

hiflew said...

Well I don't know anything about the two Royals guys, but I do know a little about Balcom-Miller. He was traded to Boston for Manny Delcarmen last year, I think in August. Decent prospect, but as a Boston player now you might get some ESPN hype to drive up the price of that card if you want to sell it.

Napkin Doon said...

I saw Montgomery pitch a couple of times in Ark last season and he is the real deal. I would guess he won't be Omaha long..