Saturday, April 9, 2011

Trade Report: Cardboard Manna from Cardboard Heaven

Cameron from Cardboard Heaven and I worked out a card swap recently.  I sent him a few of my relic cards and he sent along some great cards for three of my personal collections.

The meat of our trade revolved around my receiving these three cards: A Hochevar jersey card, an Alex Gordon jersey relic (my first Gordon hit), and a Seth Smith autograph.


Cameron also included two Royals related bat relic cards and a Royals prospect.


My Rockies binder got a little thicker in this trade as well, including two Tulos, a CarGo minor league card, and two different styles of Bowman's 1st Bowman Card. 


What a great stack of cards. 

And when I got to the bottom of that stack I found that Cameron had included a couple of cards to add to my Mustache Collection. 

I usually keep the Mustache cards that I receive to myself for the Mustache Set's grand reveal later this year, but these two were too great to not show off now.  Goes to show that a great mustache card can be found outside the junkwax era of the 80s and 90s and can be found in every sport.

I've received mustache cards from at least a half-dozen people so far and I appreciate every one I've been sent.  But I could still use more.  I'd estimate that it'll take anywhere from 100 to 200 more mustache cards for my project to be complete, so the more you can send, the better.

Thanks again to Cameron for the great trade!  If you haven't already, check out his blog and be sure to check out some of the cards he's selling on eBay.

No comments: