Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Colorado Collection: Shane Carwin

The latest addition to my Colorado Collection is one I've been trying to track down at a reasonable price for over a year.

I first learned that Shane Carwin was a native Coloradoan during UFC116 when he was moments away from finishing Brock Lesnar in the first round.  Brock was able to survive the onslaught of punches and eventually submitted Shane in the second round with an arm-triangle.  Even though he lost the fight, I've been a fan of Shane Carwin ever since.



Shane has a storied Colorado sports career, including becoming a two-time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996–97 and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999 while at Western State College.  Incidentally, Shane's wrestling coach at Western State College was Miles Van Hee, who is from my hometown of Fowler, CO.

No comments: