Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Now This is Lin-Sanity

I'm sure you've heard by now that some of Jeremy Lin's cards have hit astronomical prices.  Well, I just saw an auction that takes the Lin-Sanity to a whole new Lin-evel.

Here is the auction.

And here is the write-up and a picture of the card.

2011 Panini Absolute Jeremy Lin Auto MAJOR DAMAGE


 I'm an idiot.

6 months ago I had this card in my ebay stack, just like everyone else.  It fell off the stack and got rolled over by an office chair.  I wasn't too upset back then, but then all this maddness happened. 


Check the damage, it looks just like you would expect a card to look like after a chair rolls over it. 


Running this at auction, so you crazy people can bid it up.

Out of curiousity, I kept the card in my watch list to see where it ended up.  When I left for work this morning, it was at $40, which is where it had lingered for a few days.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and saw that it had ended at a whopping  $192.51!!!

People be crazy!

The good news is that, if the seller is to be believed, 100% of this nearly $200 for a crappy card will be sent to the Make a Wish Foundation. 

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Wes Moore the former JBF said...

Lol, I'm surprised that is all it ended up going for. Linsanity

The Lost Collector said...

How the hell does a card look like that after a chair rolls over it?