Thursday, December 1, 2011

The 2012 Mustache Collection

Today is December 1st which means that I'm clean shaven for the first time in a month.
A month's worth of work went from this...
...to this in a few seconds.

It also means that it's time to start the preparation for the 2012 Mustache Set.

It took me a little while to decide what my inspiration for the 2012 Mustache Set would be.  Then I saw this card.

If 2011 was the Mustache FrankenSet, then 2012 will be the Year of the Mustache Portrait.

That's right, I'm doing a "portraits" set featuring portrait-style cards with mustaches, so start stockpiling your Diamond Kings, A&Gs, Collectors Choices, Masterpieces, Kimble Champions, and any other drawn card that has a mustache.

I'm not going to worry about card numbering next year, I just hope to be able to get about 100 portrait cards.  I'm going to think of them as the insert set to the 2011 base set.  Should be pretty fun to do.

Also, since I have a year to put together the 2012 collection, I'm thinking I need at least one autograph and one relic mustache card in next year's set, so if you see one on eBay or have one for trade, please let me know and we'll work something out.  Bonus points if they are portrait style cards!  Super-awesome-double bonus points if they are Eckersley cards!!!

Thanks for all your support with the creation of the 2011 Mustache Set, and I would greatly appreciate your assistance with the 2012 Mustache Portrait Collection.

4 comments:

Robert said...

Great card, and great idea....a hunting we will go!!

Ryan G said...

Good luck! And a set after my own heart. I love art cards.

I have a Randy Johnson Yankees relic sporting a 'stache, but it isn't art. If you're interested, I'll send it your way.

Spankee said...

Just a note: You look less happy after shaving the mustache. Methinks you should have kept it.

the sewingmachineguy said...

Ha! The before and after is a bit like the Hair Club for Men images.
Peace.