Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My First Golf Autograph

In an effort to beef up my golf card collection, I decided to pick up a golfer's autograph.  Since I'm a budget collector, I decided to forgo the obvious (and expensive) autographs of some of the more famous golfers -- Woods, Mickelson, Nicklaus, Norman, Palmer, Player, etc. -- and select a player with which I have a more personal connection.

I selected this 2002 Upper Deck SP Scorecard Signatures card of Jeff Maggert.  While the card is not serial numbered, the autograph is on-card and very legible, which are both very big pluses in my book.


While I've never personally met Mr. Maggert, he is my best friend's sister-in-law's first cousin.  Sure, it's not the greatest connection in the world, but it's always been enough for me to root for Jeff whenever he's been on tv.

The closest I ever got to meeting him was when my dad and I followed him for a dozen holes when he was playing in the now-defunct International Golf Tournament in Castle Rock, CO.

And if the above humble-brags weren't enough, I've also swung his old Ping driver that he gave to his cousin-in-law (who is my best-friend's brother).

Anyway, I'm glad to have his autograph and I'm hoping this will keep me motivated to build up my golf card collection in the future.

4 comments:

Robert said...

Yes, that is a very legible auto, a plus as well for me. The squiggly lines you see a lot of athletes use to sign cards becomes a big turn off for me.

Great addition to your collection though, I'll be looking to see more of these in the future.

Josh D. said...

I think most of the non-superstar golfers would be happy to sign for pay. I bet you will be able to pick up a lot of golf autos for reasonable prices.

Play at the Plate said...

Any connection, no matter how diluted, is still fun.

trang da ken tam han quoc said...

cong nghe tam trang ken tam la 1 trong nhung cong nghe hien dai gop phan ton len sac dep cua chi em mot cach hieu qua. Voi mong muon co duoc 1 lan da trang sang tu nhien thi day chac chan la mot phuong phap ma chi em co the tim hieu ngay hom nay. Mot so trang de cac ban co the tim hieu ngay:
- phuong phap tam trang han quoc ken tam
- thai doc da tam trang han quoc
- tam trang kieu han quoc
- tam trang ken tam han quoc
- lam trang da bang tinh chât ken tam