Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Why, Yes Virginia, There is a (Secret) Santa

Once I saw Bad Wax's Secret Santa idea, I knew it was something of which I wanted to be a part.  I've had fun searching ebay for cards to send away in trade (Dennis and Greg know what I'm talking about) and the thought of receiving a "surprise" gift in the mail sealed the deal for me.

Earlier this week, I received my package, and, just like in real life, the package didn't make it to Christmas before I opened it (but to be fair to me, I had no idea it was a "Christmas gift"). 

And, suffice to say, my Secret Santa is this year's winner.  I am almost ashamed to send off my Secret Santa gift, because it pales in comparison to this one.

My Secret Santa hit upon four of my personal collection categories and sent along a staggering nine cards. 

First, my Colorado Collection increased to 14-cards with this LenDale White autograph.


Next, my Eddy Mac collection got a card closer to hitting the Trifecta with this jersey relic.  Even better was that a piece of Rod Smith's jersey is also attached.


And I love that they tell when and where Eddy wore the jersey.  If the card back is to be trusted, this jersey could have remnants of Mile High Stadium's final season's turf on it.  Anyone have a home cloning kit handy?


My Secret Santa didn't stop there because he added another Dexter Fowler autograph to my collection.  These Goudy Graphs are one of my all-time favorite autograph cards.  This one is pitch-perfect from top to bottom.


And, last, but certainly not least, my Secret Santa sent along SIX!!!! team logo cards for my MLB Manupatch collection.


When these beauties started spilling out of the bubble mailer, I was dumbstruck by the kindness and generosity that my Secret Santa displayed.

I don't know if you blog and I don't have your email, but if you see this Mike D, thanks a ton!

3 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Jeez! That's a nice load of cards.

Robert said...

That's a cool group of manupatches.. I especially think the Pilots one is a good grab.

mike said...

Yeah, I see you are happy with my haul to Colorado! I saw several other items out there that I think would have made you happy, but I had to draw the line somewhere! I'll email you directly, but glad you were happy with my Secret Santa offering!