Friday, August 5, 2011

Winnings from Fuji's Summer Contest


Early this summer, San Jose Fuji of the Chronicles of Fuji blog asked a simple question,  Who Wants Some Cards? and proceeded to hold one of the most interesting contests I've ever entered. 

Over the course of June and July, Fuji asked for opinions, stories, predictions, and comments.  With a combination of persistence and grit, I amassed enough points to earn one of the many great prizes.  I decided to choose the base set of 2010 Panini Threads Football cards since Play at the Plate grabbed up my first choice of 1990s football parallels/inserts (I thought there might be some decent mustaches in that collection).

I received my prize package in the mail today and I was very pleased with my choice.  These are some really nice looking cards and I picked out some of my favorites to show off.

The Broncos were represented in the set with four cards.  I was kinda bummed that there wasn't at least one defensive Bronco in the set.  No love for Elvis Dumervil or Champ Bailey or Brian Dawkins?  Bummer for me.

I do like the uniformly horizontal layout of the set.  It is a nice change of pace from the traditional vertical set-up and is way better than the annoying mixture of vertical and horizontal cards.  And I'm always a fan of full-bleed photography.


Thanks a bunch to Fuji for the great contest and the great prize!  I'm looking forward to next year's summer event.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Glad you received the set safe and sound... thanks again for participating!