Sunday, June 12, 2011

An Elusive Autograph

I've been actively tracking down Luke Hochevar cards for almost exactly one year. 

And it has taken almost exactly one year for me to finally add a 2007 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BC230 Autograph card to my collection.

The funny thing (to me) is that this is probably the fifth time that I got the serial numbered version of a card (in this case, an XFractor) before I got the base version.


Serial numbered 10/225, the card was listed as an auction with a starting bid of $10.00 (+ S/H).  I ended up being the only person to bid on it, which was a little surprising to me because I've seen the base and refractor versions of this card sell for around ten dollars fairly regularly.  But someone else's loss is my gain.

It took a year, but I'm glad to finally own one of Hoch's on-card autographs.  Hopefully the other variations of this card (Base, Refractor, Blue, Gold, and Orange) won't take me as long to track down.

2 comments:

We Were On A Case Break said...

Congrats we all like when an auction goes our way!!

Napkin Doon said...

Nice job man! Glad someone didn't pull the rug out from under you with 2 seconds to go. That happens to me too many times...