Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sub-80 (Twice)

SURPRISE!!!!   It's a golf post, but I disguised it by not putting the word "golf" in the title so that you wouldn't skip over it while you scrolled through your blogroll.

(ASIDEHow important are blog titles to everyone else?  For me, an interesting, descriptive, or intriguing blog title is 90% responsible for my visiting a post on most days.  And vise versa.

Yesterday was probably my most successful day golfing in my life.  I'll spare you all the details, but suffice it to say that every aspect of my golf game was running full-throttle and I was able to keep my mistakes to a minimum.

It also helped that there was virtually no one on the course for either round which allowed me to play 36-holes in a little over 3-hours.  I like to be able to zip around the course unencumbered by other players, so I typically try to play when its the hottest, because the heat seems to keep away the slow players.

I shot a 78 on my first 18, which is my lowest score in my career, and felt so good I decided to play a second 18, where I posted a 79. 

I was hoping to keep my low scores going today, but alas, I'm back on the 81-train.

And, for the sake of posterity, here are the rest of my scorecards from the past two weeks.


I was able to reach one of my goals, breaking 80, which leaves me with one other summer golf goal:  playing 100+ holes in one day. 

I'm fully convinced that it is achievable.

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

I try to make my titles explanatory, witty, somehow connected, or completely random. I think I do at least one most times. It's combining two or three at once that can be tough, especially without repeating or stealing from someone else.