Monday, February 7, 2011

Bowman Chrome, Plates, and Patches

The following cards are my Luke Hochevar 2007 Bowman and Bowman Chrome Draft Future's Game Prospect cards.

The numbers used for these cards reminds me of an AM radio stations call numbers.  I can just imagine some jocky saying, "Good, good morning Topeka!  Its a fine Tuesday morning here at BDPP75, your smooth jazz station.  We're coming up on ten after the hour." 

Below are (from left to right, top to bottom) a Bowman Base, a Gold, a Blue (175/399), an All-Star Future's Game Used Jersey, a Bowman Chrome Base, a Refractor, and an XFractor (37/299).


Also, I'm the proud owner of a Bowman Draft Future's Game Prospect Game Worn Patch (34/99), a Bowman Chrome Yellow Printing Plate (1/1), and a Bowman Chrome Black Printing Plate (1/1).


I absolutely love these three cards.  I love that the Patch on the patch card is where the K and the C meet up in the logo.  I also love how the card appears to be made of "refractor" technology, but says nothing about being "refractor" related.

I love printing plates.  Someday I hope to own at least one printing plate set of a card.  I'm halfway there with the Bowman Chrome cards.

For me, 1/1 cards are similar to a hole-in-one in golf.  They are rare but attainable.  While I've never had a hole-in-one, but I've been really close a few times.  I've even had a few near-misses on par-4s.  Some collectors have piles of 1/1 cards and some have none.  Some golfers have dozens of holes-in-one while some will play golf their entire life and never enjoy an ace.  But everyone continues to try to get them, round after round, pack after pack.  It's all about the thrill of the hunt.

No comments: