Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tulo

Troy Tulowitzki is my favorite current Colorado Rockies player.  Now you might be saying to yourself, "But Eric, I thought Dexter Fowler was your favorite Rockie."  And you'd be right to think that, but Dexter is my favorite Rockie to collect, Troy is my favorite Rockie to watch.  The guy is an animal on the diamond.

But, because Troy is one of the top-notch players in the league, his cards are usually a bit more pricey than I can pay at the moment.  I currently only have a couple of binder pages of his base and insert cards which I was able to get for a few bucks on eBay.  The best way I've found is to search out the lots that are a mixture of Rockies players and to stay away from the Tulowitzki specific lots because those gather the most attention, and the higher bids. 

Here are some of those cards.


With the cards I currently have for Troy, I prefer the ones with action shots because the ones that are posed make him look like a high schooler.

I hope that someday soon I'll be able to add a game-used or autograph card of Troy to my collection.  Until that day comes, I'll continue to track down these "common" cards of my favorite baby-faced shortstop .

1 comment:

hiflew said...

I've gotten a bunch of Rockies dupes over the last month or so. Email me at hiflew@ yahoo(dot)com if you want to do a Rockie for Rockie trade.

http://cardsfromthequarry.blogspot.com/