Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cause Two Outta Three Ain't Bad

I have three 2010 Topps T-206 cards of Luke Hochevar.

One is the base card.  The other two are 1/1 cards.


The base card is on the left.  The middle card is a mini magenta printing plate.  The card on the right is a 1/1 Blank Back card that I bought from the ToppsVault on eBay.  Which means that this set has my highest percentage of 1/1 cards in my personal collection.

Here are the backs of the cards.


The base card is self-explanatory.  The printing plate has an informative sticker on the back of it which points out that the card is a one-of-a-kind collectable, which happen to be my favorite kind.

Also, you can clearly see why the last card is called a "blank back" card.  It does have a Topps hologram sticker and a hand-written 1/1 serial number.  I also like that the card is in a protective case that has been sealed with a Topps sticker.

Surprisingly, my favorite card of the three is probably the base card because it was the first Hochevar card I pulled from a pack after I started collecting his cards this past summer.  (And, technically, my wife opened the pack with the Hochevar, but that's another story for another time).  Up until that point, every Hochevar card I owned was purchased as a single. 

I'd love to finish out my Hochevar 2010 T-206 rainbow, as well as the base T-206 set (check HERE for the cards I still need to complete the set), so if anyone wants to trade them to me, let me know.

(Thanks to Meatloaf for inspiring my blog title.)

No comments: