Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trade Report: A Hochevar Masterpiece from Tomahawk Chopping

I recently completed a trade with Derek from Tomahawk Chopping.  Derek emailed me to let me know that he had a 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces Green Luke Hochevar card, serial numbered 63/75, up for trade if I was interested.  I of course agreed.

Soon, my second green Masterpieces card arrived in the mail.  If I can track down 73 more of these, I'll have the set (looks like I have a new PC goal).  Also included were a few Royals cards for my personal collection.

I'm a huge fan of the Masterpiece cards and I'm always willing to trade for any Hochevars from this series that you would like to send my way.  I wonder how much work (and/or money) it would take to try to track down all the cards of one of the parallel sets of a particular player.  Has it ever been accomplished?  If so, was that person immediately inducted into the Card Collectors Hall of Fame?

Thanks again to Derek for the trade.  And you'll be seeing Derek's name on my blog again real soon, because not long after we worked out this trade and had our packages in the mail, then we worked out a second one.  Isn't that how it always works out? 

No comments: