Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trade Report: Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle

I received a nice bubble-mailer of cards in the mail from Greg of Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle today.  In it, I found cards that completed our trade (go HERE to see what I sent him). 

Greg sent a multifaceted assortment of cards to add to my personal collection.

The first card I saw in the package was an awesome KC Royals logo/jacket "magic motion" mini card from 1987 Sportflics.  The scan shows what I mean by logo/jacket combo.

The back of the card is great because it lists the Team Hitting Leaders for the ten years prior to this card's release.

If magic motion cards are cool, I'd consider this one Miles Davis.

Behind the mini card I found a handful of Royals cards including a 1992 Kellogg's Sportflics Dan Quisenberry motion card which I liked very much.  Also included were a Farnsworth, a Saberhagen, a Sweeny, an Appier hologram, a Guiel, and a Billy Butler A&G born-on date card.  Very nice additions to the Royals folder. 


Then I found six Denver Bronco cards, including my favorite Bronco defensive player of all time, Sir Karl Mecklenburg.  And seeing these cards reminds me how much I miss the Orange Crush and the Bronco D logo.


Greg must have noticed that I'm a fan of 1990s basketball cards from my previous posts and from my want's list at the top of my blog, so he included a Shaq USA basketball card and a Jason Kidd rookie card. 



But, my favorite part of the package has to be the pile of mustache-related cards that Greg sent along for the Mustache Set that I am building.  Greg told me that he was sending some 'stache cards along, which made me very excited, and I was not disappointed.  I'll wait until the appropriate time to display all of them, but for now, here are two very masculine and very mustachey cards that I received, which I hope will encourage others to add to my collection.



Thanks again to Greg for the trade and I hope to trade with him again soon. 

2 comments:

TJ said...

We should start a community blog devoted to the mustache-related cards we have in our collections. We could call it "The Mustache Ride".

Really, I just wanted a reason to say "mustache ride" today. Thanks.

Greg Zakwin said...

Glad you enjoyed the cards! We shall definitely trade again.

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree with TJ. Mustache rides for all!